good day atlanta OPERATION WEDDING GIVEAWAY
- Entrants must be legal Georgia residents who are 18 years of age or older, Active or Reserve Military Engaged Couples and have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules. The couple must be willing to be married on April 25, 2013 at 12 noon at Ashton Gardens in Sugar Hill Georgia.
- Employees of New World Communications of Atlanta, Inc., on behalf of television station WAGA, (“Sponsor”) Ashton Gardens, the prize providers described in paragraph 1 of the Prize section below and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Only one entry per person. Enter beginning 12:01 AM local time on February 4, 2013 and all entries must be received by 11:59 PM local time on February 10, 2013.
- To enter, visit Answer the contest question in the space provided: Why should you and your fiancé win a free wedding? What’s your story? (Maximum 300 words) Upload a picture of you and your fiancé. No professionally taken photographs may be submitted. Enter
- All submissions must be original and conform to Sponsor’s then-current standards and practices and policies as established or determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, submissions may not contain the depiction of unlawful acts, profanity or references to violence, or demean any gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. Entrants must own the copyright to, or otherwise have all necessary rights in, their entry materials. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant, or to remove or modify any entry, in its sole discretion, based on, including, without limitation, a claim of copyright infringement or misappropriation of likeness, or because the entry does not conform to the Sponsor’s standards and practices. Entry constitutes an unlimited perpetual license to Sponsor to use entry materials, including, but not limited to, the right to copy, distribute, publicly perform and display the entry materials on its websites, television stations and in any and all media whether now known or hereinafter invented.
- Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of WAGA’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
- Three entries will be selected as finalists from among valid entries by FOX 5 judges on or about February 15, 2013. The finalists will be selected based on how compelling, heartwarming or interesting their entries are. The decisions of the judges shall be final as to all matters, including whether entries conform to these rules.
- Each of the 3 finalist couples must be available one day during the week of February 18, 2013, which day shall be selected in FOX 5’s sole discretion, either to come to FOX 5’s studios to be interviewed from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM, or to be interviewed in their home, as FOX 5 shall determine, which interview FOX 5 shall have the right, but not the obligation, to air during Good Day Atlanta or to post on its website.
- From 9:00 AM on February 22, 2013 through 9:00 AM March 1, 2013, FOX 5 will post edited interviews with each finalist on myfoxatlanta.com for viewers to vote for their favorite couple.
- The finalist couple with the highest number of votes will be the grand prize winner. In the event of a tie, FOX 5 will contact the finalists and there will be a “vote off” for the finalists with a tied number of votes. The vote off will commence at 5 PM on March 1, 2012 and end at 9 AM on March 4, 2013. The finalist couple with the highest number of votes will be the grand prize winner. In the event of a second tie, FOX 5 shall randomly select one finalist couple to be the grand prize winner.
- Beginning March 5, 2013 (or, in the event of a tie, after a grand prize winner is confirmed), through April 25, 2013, FOX 5 will interview and record the grand prize winning couple as they plan their wedding and reception. FOX 5 shall have the right, but not the obligation, to publish on its air and on its website segments containing such interviews and recordings.
- FOX 5 shall also interview and record the grand prize winning bride and groom on their wedding day as they prepare for the ceremony and during the ceremony and reception. FOX 5 shall have the right, but not the obligation, to publish on its air and its website portions or all of the interviews and recordings from the wedding day, wedding and reception, in its sole discretion.
- The grand prize winner will receive a wedding and reception with a maximum of 100 guests on April 25, 2013 at 12 noon at Ashton Gardens as follows:
A.) Wedding Venue: Ashton Gardens, located at 260 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Sugar Hill, GA 30518, will provide a venue for a wedding and a wedding reception on its premises, all catering services for the provision of food and an open bar, tables, chairs, and seats, and necessary staffing, and a Wedding Coordinator (ERV:$20,000)
B.) Deco Marj will provide custom-made wedding invitations with calligraphy (ERV: $1,000)
C.) Bob Steele Salon will provide hair and make-up for the bride (ERV: $250)
D.) Anya Bridal will provide the dress and veil for the bride (ERV: $3,500)
E.) Savvi Formalwear will provide the free rental of a tuxedo for the groom (ERV: $200)
F.) Classic Cheesecakes & Cakes will provide a wedding cake (ERV: $1000)
G.) Hacman Floral Design will provide 1 bridal bouquet, 1 groom’s boutonniere, and décor for the chapel and reception hall (ERV: $3,000)
H.) The Decisive Moment will provide a photographer to photograph the wedding and reception and will provide the bride and groom with photo prints (ERV: $5000)
I.) Spectrum Entertainment will provide DJ services for the reception (ERV: $1,100)
J.) Union Diamond will provide wedding bands for the bride and groom (ERV: $5,000)
K.) Morning Breeze Cabins, Blue Ridge, Georgia, will provide 1 luxury cabin rental for two people, for X nights, for a honeymoon (ERV: $2,000)
L.) One DVD copy of FOX 5’s published report on the couple’s wedding day, wedding and reception for the couple’s home viewing. (ERV: $)
- The grand prize winner is responsible for all expenses not expressly included in the prize description, including, but not limited to, transportation to and from the wedding and honeymoon, and wedding attire and flowers and boutonnieres for any bridesmaids or groomsmen.
- Each finalist will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release by February 18, 2013. If a finalist cannot be reached, or does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility timely, the finalist will be disqualified and another finalist will be selected using the same judging criteria. The grand prize winner must claim the prize in the manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release by 5 PM, on March 5, 2013. In the event of a tie, the grand prize winner must return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize by the date and in the manner designated by Sponsor. If the grand prize winner cannot be reached, or fails to return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize timely, the prize will be awarded to the finalist with the next highest number of votes.
- Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the grand prize winner. The grand prize winner cannot assign or transfer prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, for any prize, for any reason.
- The grand prize winner is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
- Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are entitled to win only one giveaway within a 60-day period regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
ODDS OF WINNING: MISCELLANEOUS
- Odds of being a finalist depend on the number of entries received. Odds of winning the grand prize are 1 in 3.
- Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use grand prize winner’s name, hometown, likenesses, and photograph for broadcast, online posting, and/or in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
- These giveaway rules are available at www.myfoxatlanta.com, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WAGA FOX 5, 1551 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30306 through March 1, 2013.
- For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after March 1, 2013 to: WAGA FOX 5, “Good Day Atlanta Operation Wedding” 1551 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30306.
- This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. The order in which entries are received will have no bearing on the selection of the grand prize winner. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternate grand prize winner, in its sole discretion.