The Following GIVEAWAY
- Entrants must be legal Georgia residents who are 18 years of age or older and have lawful access to the method(s) of entry set forth in these rules. Only one entry per person.
- Employees of New World Communications of Atlanta, Inc., on behalf of television station WAGA, (collectively, “Sponsor”) FOX Broadcasting Company their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. The giveaway begins at 7:00 AM local time on December 3, 2012 and all entries must be received by 5:00 PM each day through December 7, 2012.
- To enter, watch Good Day Atlanta from 7AM-9AM from December 3, 2012 through December 7, 2012 for the “Follow Paul” segment and listen for the “Follow Paul location of the day”. Then go to . If you are a registered user, simply enter your email address. Each “location code word” is valid for entry only on the date is shown until 5:00 PM. If, for any reason, the program is not telecast on one or more days during the giveaway, then those days will be eliminated from the entry period.
- Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of WAGA’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the giveaway if it becomes technically or otherwise corrupted.
- Two daily winners (10 total) will be selected by random drawing, from entries entered that day, on or after 5pm December 3 through December 7, 2012. One grand prize winner will be selected by random drawing among all entries entered throughout the contest period, including first and second place winners, on or after 5:00 pm December 7, 2012 and announced on Good Day Atlanta Monday December 10, 2012.
1. The first name randomly selected will be the daily first place winner and will receive one Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight. (ARV $119). Prize provided by FOX Broadcasting Company.
2. The second name randomly selected will be the second place winner and will receive one $25 Barnes and Noble Gift Card. Prize provided by FOX Broadcasting Company.
3. One (1) Grand Prize winner will win a trip to New York, NY, consisting of: (i) round-trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from the major airport with regularly scheduled commercial flights closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s permanent residence to a New York area airport (or, in FOX’s sole discretion, ground transportation in lieu of air travel, if the Grand Prize Winner (“GP Winner”) lives within a 200-mile radius of New York; and (ii) two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations (one double occupancy room and room tax only) at a hotel in New York area. And (ii) two (2) tickets to The Following world premiere event. (Provided by FOX Broadcasting Company) NOTE winner and guest will travel to and from New York in January 2013. (exact travel dates are TBD in Sponsor’s sole discretion) GP Winner’s guest must be 18 years of age or older and not a minor in his/her state of residence. GP Winner and guest must travel on same itinerary, must have valid identification and any other documents necessary for air travel and must be able to travel on dates designated by FOX. If GP Winner cannot travel on such dates, prize will be forfeited. GP Winner is responsible for all incidental expenses, such as phone charges, meals, tips, hotel parking, transportation (except as otherwise set forth above) and all other personal expenses. GP Winner will be responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport and travel charges, including, without limitation, excess baggage charges, airport taxes and fuel charges and any applicable Customs or Federal inspection fees. Tickets are not transferable, refundable or redeemable. GP Winner who cannot comply with the conditions of this rule #3 will forfeit his or her right to the Grand Prize and an alternate GP Winner may be selected. GP Winner and guest must sign Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release and all other releases required by FOX. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2,000 (depending on travel dates and location of winner’s residence). FOX will video record the winner reciting “The Raven” which will be featured in a special digital marketing campaign for THE FOLLOWING! Prize provided by FOX Broadcasting Company.
4. Winners will be notified by phone & email each day of the giveaway period. All winners will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion by 4:00 PM on December 17, 2012 or they will be disqualified. If a winner cannot be reached, or if a winner does not return the signed and completed Certification of Eligibility and Release and claim the prize within the designated time period, that prize will not be awarded.
5. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by the winner. The winner cannot assign or transfer prizes. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of like or greater value, for any prize, for any reason.
6. Winners are responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules.
- Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals are eligible to win only one prize within any 60-day period, regardless of the number of giveaways entered.
ODDS OF WINNING: MISCELLANEOUS
- Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of entries received.
- Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use winner’s name, hometown, likeness, and photograph for broadcast, online posting, and/or in any other media, including for advertising and publicity purposes, without additional compensation.
- These giveaway rules are available at www.myfoxatlanta.com, and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WAGA FOX 5, 1551 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30306 through December 7, 2012.
- For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after December 7, 2012 to: WAGA FOX 5, “” contest, 1551 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30306.
- This giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the giveaway, or in the announcement of the prize. The order in which entries are received will have no bearing on the selection of the winner. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a particular entry, Sponsor will determine the entrant’s identity or select an alternate winner, in its sole discretion.