HIGH 5 FIELD TRIP
1. To participate, you must be a middle or high school faculty member located within the fifty-five counties of the FOX 5 viewing area: Banks, Barrow, Bartow, Butts Carroll, Chattooga, Cherokee, Clarke, Clayton, Cobb, Coweta, Dawson, Dekalb, Douglas, Fannin, Fayette, Floyd, Forsyth, Fulton, Gilmer, Gordon, Greene, Gwinnett, Habersham, Hall, Haralson, Heard, Henry, Jackson, Jasper, Lamar, Lumpkin, Madison, Meriwether, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Oglethorpe, Paulding, Pickens, Pike, Polk, Putnam, Rabun, Rockdale, Spalding, Towns, Troup, Union, Upson, Walton, White, Cleburne (AL), Randolph (AL), and Clay (NC) (“FOX 5 viewing area”)
2. All entries must be supervised and signed by a teacher or official from the submitting school.
3. Principal must be willing to host a pep rally or agree to feature the school on the Thursday following their announcement as winner between 7:00 am and 10:00 am.
4. Employees of New World Communications of Atlanta, Inc. owner of television station WAGA FOX 5 (“WAGA FOX 5”), (Sponsor”) FOX Television Stations, Inc., their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family and household members of each are ineligible.
1. Begins February 7, 2012 and all entries must be received by 5:30 PM on May 11, 2012.
2. No purchase is necessary to win.
3. All voting must be manual. No bots or other automated voting is allowed. There is no limit to the number of votes cast online. There can only be three text votes per hour per cell phone number.
4. Due to system incompatibilities, text votes from Metro PCS customers will not be accepted.
5. Beginning February 7, 2012 interested high school and middle school principals and/or faculty will nominate their schools by submitting their info to www.high5sports.com and including their name, position and/or title, school name, school physical address (including the city and zip code), school email address and phone number. Entrants must also include a description of what is unique about their school, a description of what your students are doing that’s special and different, what sets their campus apart from the others in their area, a list of school accomplishments, clubs, charity efforts or anything else that they think the community would be interested in learning about the school or its students. All nomination submissions must be received by 5:30 PM, May 3, 2012. Each Friday, beginning February 10, 2012, FOX 5 will randomly pick 3-5 nominated schools and will post them to high5sports.com and will announce them during Good Day Atlanta. Each week, Monday through Friday, beginning Monday, February 13, 2012 and ending May 11, 2012, viewers will be able to log on to high5sports.com to vote for their favorite school. Entries not selected each week will remain eligible for all subsequent drawings. Nominated schools are only permitted to participate in one High5 Field Trip poll during the polling period. The first winning school will be announced during Good Day Atlanta on Friday February 17, 2012 after 8:00 AM and will be posted online at www.high5sports.com. We will NOT have a winner for 4/5/12 (spring break). That means there will be no vote during the week of 3/26-3/30/12, and no new schools will be announced on 3/23/12. 6. You can vote by computer at www.high5sports.com. You must select your favorite school and also fill out the CAPTCHA box for your vote to be recorded. Voting is also available through text messaging. In order to vote via text messaging, send a text message to 78015with one of the following keywords in the body of the message: SCHOOL 1, SCHOOL 2, SCHOOL 3, SCHOOL 4 OR SCHOOL 5. All text message entrants must have a text messaging two-way capable handset and digital service in order to vote using the text messaging method. Participants will be sent a text message to confirm their vote. Participants voting by text will be charged standard text messaging rates for text messages sent and received from their handset according to the terms and conditions in their wireless calling plan. Text messaging and wireless service are not available in all areas. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any text message entry at any time which in Sponsor’s determination does not comply with these rules.
7. Sponsor is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry, winner(s) or other giveaway information by Sponsor or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor is also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the giveaway or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entry materials may be maintained as part of WAGA’s giveaway records. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE GIVEAWAY IS A VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If Sponsor determines, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, that any IP address exhibits a voting pattern suggestive of any conduct violative of these rules, including but not limited to automated voting, then Sponsor shall have the right to block that IP address from further voting during the voting period or to eliminate the votes cast by that IP address. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the voting for the week, or, at its option, to select the winner for the week by alternate means, if, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the voting becomes technically or otherwise corrupted. In the event of a tie, Sponsor will select the winner by random drawing from among those tied. Sponsors are also not responsible for any injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the voting, or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete.
8. The winning school will be determined by internet and text voting in accordance with voting rules announced at the time votes are solicited. At 8:00 AM each Friday during the contest period, the votes will be tallied and the school with the most votes will win.
1. FOX 5 will send a photographer to videotape portions of the winning school’s pep rally or shoot a profile piece and may, in its sole discretion, broadcast highlights of the pep rally or the profile piece during a newscast.
2. FOX 5 will notify the winning school by phone or email on or about the Friday that the winning school is selected.
1. Odds of winning are 1 in 5 or 1 in 3, depending on the number of schools selected each week.
2. These rules are available at www.high5sports.com and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at 1551 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30306 through May 11, 2012.
3. For a list of winning schools, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after May 17, 2012 to: WAGA FOX 5, “High 5 Field Trip” contest, 1551 Briarcliff Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30306.
4. This poll is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, filing, trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the contest, or in the announcement of the prize.
5. By participating, participants represent that they agree (a) to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, and (b) to release Sponsors, they parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability in connection with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded hereunder.